Before you apply, please make sure that you’ve read the official (and unofficial) Entry Requirements and that you understand the selection process described below.
You may be surprised by what seems like a long and demanding selection procedure. One aim of the process is to assess the ‘language awareness’ of each candidate, as well as their potential as teachers of English. We should point out that although you don’t need teaching experience or to have completed in-depth study of the English language, we will evaluate your ability to research answers in order to analyse a piece of language using the internet, a grammar book or some other teaching resource.
A second reason is to make sure that you’ve really thought about your decision to take a CELTA with International House – is it the right course for you, and are you prepared? It also allows you time to ask us any questions you may have.
There are only 3 simple steps to a place on the IH CELTA in Chiang Mai.
- Download the CELTA Application Form & Pre-Interview Task Sheet (right click and select “Save Target As” to download onto your computer, or simply click the links below).
Celta Application Form and Pre-Interview Task For MS Office 2007+ (*.docx format) Download For MS Office (*.doc format) Download
If you still have problems please contact us at email@example.com and we’ll email you the forms as attachments.
- Complete and send your CELTA Application Form back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Successfully complete the interview process.
Remember the interview is for you:
- To ensure you know what you’re getting yourself into
- To highlight your strengths and weaknesses and give you ideas about how you should prepare
- To clear up any questions about the course, centre or any practical issues you may have