CELTA Chiang Mai
In the ‘cultural capital of Thailand’, the language school and teacher training centre really is a bit special!
Training at the latest IH Thailand centre in Chiang Mai affords our CELTA trainees the unique opportunity of an out-of-town, and altogether ‘Thai’ experience.
Chosen for those of you who would like to complete the CELTA course in the most serene surroundings, the teacher–training centre boasts all that you need to get the job done in a relaxing environment. The complex covers 2.5 acres and contains a brand new, professional training facility which has 8 large classrooms all with digital projectors and audio streaming, 2 tutorial rooms, a computer and lesson preparation room, and has wi-fi throughout. There is also a coffee shop and full service northern Thai restaurant. There is also an upstairs section and a terrace for those who would like to chat away with a view of our lake and beautiful gardens.
To complement the place of study, you need some luxury for your downtime and on site we feel we’ve certainly made it, Thai style. This delightful, private, and yes, it would be fair to say, gorgeous, spacious, traditional northern Thai accommodation with a lovely swimming pool just below your balcony. A 25 meter swimming pool to unwind in and for those fitness enthusiasts to exercise in. The whole accommodation complex is designed to be unerringly traditionally Thai with that overwhelming sense of calm around the swimming pool all set against a dramatic backdrop of the tropical, mountainous, beauty that Chiang Mai is rightly famed for.
After a hard day’s training, whether you’re…
- doing laps or playing in the pool
- lazing on a sunbed
- watching youtube, movies, and tv shows on the smart TV
…the IH Chiang Mai Xtra package really is the most relaxing way to get your TEFL certification.
The Chiang Mai Xtra package
On the outskirts of Chiang Mai, and convenient for the international airport, the surrounds are known globally as the ‘culture-seeker’s Thai destination of choice’. Well regarded for its calming atmosphere and refreshing climate, this tranquil location really does give you that ‘get away from it all’ feel; just the tonic one would want when halfway through a CELTA course!
What’s really different about this location is that not only do you get to train here, you get to stay here too! The private accommodation has the modern facilities you’d expect and also the exotic feel you’d want when staying in northern Thailand. Thai style. Charmingly decorated, each private, spacious, en-suite room is simply a joy to stay in. Now that’s relaxing!
The US $2,495 not only includes training and accommodation, it also includes full-board catering five days a week. Trainee teachers are thus able to take the opportunity to sample the delights of the local food (de-spiced for those that need it!) on a daily basis, delivered to their door – well, to the door of the restaurant at least. And if you should get really desperate for a bit of home cooking at the weekend, then you will be glad to know that pizzas and other western favourites can really be delivered to your room by restaurants in the area. Alternatively, for those of you fully immersed in the Thai dining experience, you’ll be pleased to know the resort’s restaurant can take orders at weekends too!
Of course, you are not obliged to stay, you can do the regular course and travel in each day, but you might just end up getting a bit jealous of those that do.
- 27 nights accommodation from the Sunday before the course start to check out the Saturday after the course ends. Lovely private rooms with private bathrooms and air conditioning. Desk in your room for when you want to study alone.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner on weekdays at the training centre’s ‘Thai Style’ restaurant.
- In-room entertainment provided by a Samsung Smart TV.
- Drinking water.
- In-coming and room-to-room telephone calls.
- Rooms serviced every day with bi-weekly changes of linen.
- Small fridges in your rooms.
- Not Included
- Meals at weekends – you can order your favourite meals at the centre any time during your stay.
- Laundry – this can be provided at the school.
- Out-going local and international telephone calls can be made; these will include tax and a small service charge.
Facilities at Training Centre
- Free use of the internet linked computers and the resource room from 8am until 8pm weekdays and 9am to 6pm weekends.
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the school and accommodation.
- Bar for coffee, smoothies, another refreshments.
- Fully equipped classrooms.
- Large swimming pool.
- Massage services by booking.
- Bicycles for rent.