Delta Entry Requirements
Apart from being serious about their career in TEFL, candidates should:
- Be at least 21 years old and be educated to degree level.
- Hold an initial English teaching certificate, such as the Cambridge CELTA.
- Have around 2 years experience of teaching English as a foreign language, post initial qualification.
- Be able to demonstrate a high level understanding of the English language, as well as the principles and practice of English language teaching.
If you are ready to take the next step in developing your English language teaching career, download our Delta application. Alternatively, find out more about the IH Chiang Mai Delta course at our centre in Chiang Mai or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Delta Modules (Diploma in English Language Teaching) is an internationally recognized advanced teaching qualification for those who already have substantial experience of teaching English to speakers of other languages and are ready to progress in their chosen career. The Delta will help you to:
- Deepen your understanding of the principles and practice of teaching the English language to adults
- Examine your current practices and beliefs
- Apply the results of your learning and reflection to your current teaching position and more senior roles.
The Cambridge Delta is the best known and most widely taken diploma level qualification in ELT. Because it is awarded by Cambridge ESOL, part of the world famous University of Cambridge, you can rely on its quality and recognition.
The Delta is accepted throughout the world by organisations which employ English Language teachers, especially at the more senior levels such as Director of Studies positions and beyond!
Every Centre is approved by Cambridge ESOL, and every course is moderated by an external assessor and follows a set syllabus. This means that the Cambridge Delta is to the same high standard wherever it is taken.
The Delta Entry Task
Along with the standard application form, you will also be asked to submit the following information and tasks before being accepted on the course:
- A lesson plan and evaluation: details of a lesson you taught recently, including level, group, context, aims, materials and effectiveness, including strengths and weaknesses.
- Language Awareness Task.
- Essay: An example would be the analysis of a group of students you have taught, identifying the difficulties in one of the following areas:
- Listening skills
- Specific grammar point
- Writing skills.
- Teaching Experience: a concise list of your teaching experiences to date.
- Materials: a brief list of the published teaching materials that you have used and are the most familiar with.
To avoid disappointment, we strongly advise you to apply early. That way, you can be sure of getting the course date and accommodation you want. Click on Delta application to download the form.
For further information and a copy of the syllabus, visit the Cambridge ESOL website.