Cambridge CELTA Online:
Due to COVID-19, Cambridge has given us special permission to run 100% online courses. Become Cambridge CELTA qualified from home:
Full Time (4 weeks)
- January 11 – February 5, 2021
- February 8 – March 5, 2021
- March 15 – April 9, 2021
The online courses will run similarly to our normal courses, just online. For more information, click here.
We also have online part-time courses which run for ten weeks every Saturday and Sunday. For more information, please click here.
Part Time (10 weeks)
- December 12, 2020 – February 21, 2021
- There is a week break on December 26th/27th
- January 23 – March 28, 2021
- March 6 – May 16, 2021
- April 24 – June 27, 2021
CELTA Chiang Mai – Face to Face
In the ‘cultural capital of Thailand’, the language school and teacher training centre really is a bit special!
Training at the latest IH Thailand centre in Chiang Mai affords our CELTA trainees the unique opportunity of an out-of-town, and altogether ‘Thai’ experience.
Chosen for those of you who would like to complete the Cambridge CELTA course in the most serene surroundings, the teacher–training centre boasts all that you need to get the job done in a relaxing environment. The complex covers 2.5 acres and contains a brand new, professional training facility which has 8 large classrooms all with digital projectors and audio streaming, 2 tutorial rooms, a computer and lesson preparation room, and has wi-fi throughout. There is also modern Thai style accommodation complete with a 25 meter swimming pool, coffee shop and full service northern Thai restaurant. There is also an upstairs section and a terrace for those who would like to chat away with a view of our pond and beautiful gardens.
To complement the place of study, you need some luxury for your downtime, and on site we feel we’ve certainly made it, Thai style. This delightful, private, gorgeous, spacious, traditional northern Thai accommodation with a lovely swimming pool just below your balcony. The swimming pool is great to unwind in and for those fitness enthusiasts to exercise in. The whole accommodation complex is designed to be traditionally Thai with that overwhelming sense of calm set against a dramatic backdrop of the tropical, mountainous, beauty that Chiang Mai is rightly famed for.
After a hard day’s training, whether you’re…
- doing laps or playing in the pool
- lazing on a sunbed
- watching youtube, movies, and tv shows on the smart TV
…the IH Chiang Mai Xtra package really is the most relaxing way to get your TEFL certification.
The Chiang Mai Xtra package
On the outskirts of Chiang Mai, and convenient for the international airport, the surroundings are known globally as the ‘culture-seeker’s Thai destination of choice’. Well regarded for its calming atmosphere and refreshing climate, this tranquil location really does give you that ‘get away from it all’ feel; just the tonic one would want when halfway through a Cambridge CELTA course!
What’s really different about this location is that not only do you get to train here, you get to stay here too! The private accommodation has the modern facilities you’d expect and also the exotic feel you’d want when staying in northern Thailand, Thai style. Charmingly decorated, each private, spacious, en-suite room is simply a joy to stay in. Now that’s relaxing!
The US $2,745 not only includes training and accommodation, it also includes full-board catering five days a week. Trainee teachers are thus able to take the opportunity to sample the delights of the local food (de-spiced for those that need it) on a daily basis, delivered to their door – well, to the door of the restaurant at least. And if you should get really desperate for a bit of home cooking at the weekend, then you will be glad to know that pizzas and other western favourites can really be delivered to your room by restaurants in the area. Alternatively, for those of you fully immersed in the Thai dining experience, you’ll be pleased to know the resort’s restaurant can take orders on weekends too!
Of course, you are not obligated to stay, you can do the regular course and travel in each day, but you might just end up getting a bit jealous of those that do.
- 27 nights accommodation from the Sunday before the course start to check out the Saturday after the course ends. Lovely private rooms with private bathrooms and air conditioning. Desk in your room for when you want to study alone.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner on weekdays at the training centre’s ‘Thai Style’ restaurant.
- Full washing and ironing service (up to 100 items).
- A weekly Saturday trip into the town centre, leaving in the morning and returning late afternoon/early evening.
- A weekly Sunday activity or trip
- 1st Sunday of the course – Trip to Central Airport Plaza (Shopping Mall)
- 2nd Sunday of the course – Trip to Wat Chedi Luang
- 3rd Sunday of the course – A Thai cooking class complete with recipe
- In-room entertainment provided by a Samsung Smart TV.
- Drinking water.
- In-coming and room-to-room telephone calls.
- Rooms serviced every day with once weekly changes of linen.
- Small fridges in your rooms.
- Not Included
- Meals at weekends – you can order your favourite meals at the centre any time during your stay.
Facilities at Training Centre
- Free use of the internet linked computers and the resource room from 8am until 8pm weekdays and 9am to 6pm weekends.
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the school and accommodation.
- Cafe for coffee, smoothies, and other refreshments.
- Fully equipped classrooms.
- Large swimming pool.
- Massage services by booking.
- Bicycles for rent.